Family Days out in North Yorkshire
Why not choose Yorkshire for your next trip away with the Family! Whether it is a week in the school holidays or a weekend, there is plenty of exciting adventures waiting for you and your family.
Yorkshire is packed with family-friendly activities, so there is always plenty to see and do.
Take a look below at some of our favourite family days out right on the doorstep of our beautiful holiday cottages in North Yorkshire.
NYMR Steam Train
This is a must-see visitor attraction, climb aboard the train and experience 24 miles of Yorkshire’s amazing scenery.
- Pickering Station is a must-see 1930s themed station, it will take you back in time to the steam era.
- Explore the stunning scenery and wildlife in the North York Moors National Park.
- Goathland Station, the must-see celebrity station which became Hogsmeade Station in the first Harry Potter Film.
- You can explore Grosmont Station which is home to the operating and engineering world of the NYMR. You might even get a sneak preview of work taking place on their own engines.
- Visit Whitby explore the narrow streets and busy harbour as well as viewing the amazing ruins of Whitby Abbey.
Perfect day out for all ages! There is something for everyone at this fabulous theme park. The thrilling rides for older children as well the Dino-Stone Park and driving around on the Little Monsters Wacky Races for the younger children. The toddlers even have their own section which is in the shape of the Peter Rabbit. There is also the award-winning Zoo which provides entertainment for all the family.
The theme park at Flamingo Land is open daily from 28th March – 1st November. Out of these dates only the Zoo is open. Dogs are welcome in most parts of Flamingo Land but not in the Zoo.
Spend the day exploring the grounds. Through the woodland paths, discovering the flowers and wildlife in the walled garden and have a picnic by the lake. Travel through the House and Grounds with the help of Geoffrey the Lions illustrated trails including a spotter sheet to help you identify items in the house, a woodland trail in the grounds and puzzles.
You can jump on the train through the grounds to the Lakeside Adventure Play Area.
The Boathouse Café serves snacks and drinks which you can enjoy in the picnic area around the playground.